Friday, November 9, 2012

Blogging Social Difference in L.A. Week 6

I posted this as a comment on Jose's blog because I saw that it was about Hacienda Heights (which I've never been to) so it intrigued me. 

"I liked your blog posting here especially because I've never been down to Hacienda. I feel like I got a good picture of what it is like so I appreciate that. I noticed a few things that maybe you could've elaborated on however.

When you described eating at the restaurant that there was an influx of Asian people I really wanted to know why? Why don't Hispanics or African-Americans eat there?

Also you said that to live there you have to be of the same ethnicity and well off financially. To me this seems like you are saying you HAVE to be Asian to live there you know what I'm saying? This again brings up the question why? Why are most people Asian in the town? Does the income come along with the culture of Asian people? Lastly I would've loved to see you say something about if it was a differentiated place both within the city limits and within the neighborhood.

Good job though Jose. Stay up man"

No comments:

Post a Comment